Matcha ice cream recipe
So besides being pretty and delicious, let’s talk about all incredible benefits of matcha. We might be here for a while…
Matcha is powdered green tea. It has 10 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea. What’s so great about these antioxidants? They help prevent aging, diseases and a whole bunch of chronic diseases.
I am always talking about how my beloved blueberries are powerhouse of antioxidants, and that’s true, but check this out.
I told you there were a ton of antioxidants! Besides that, matcha powder contains powerful vitamins and minerals, can lower cholesterol and even maintain blood sugar levels. This is the real deal.
Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
Author: Lauren Kelly nutrition
Recipe type: treat, dessert
Serves: 6-8 servings
– 215 ounce cans full fat, unsweetened coconut milk, refrigerated overnight.
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon matcha power
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– chocolate chips, coconut chips, dried fruit, nuts cacao nibs.
1. Mix ingredients together in a medium bowl.
2. Mix together with an electric mixer or food processor until throughly combined.
3. Line a freezer safe pan with parchment paper(I used a 9×5 inch loaf pan).
4. Pour ice cream mixture into pan and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Place in the freezer overnight to allow to fully freeze.
6. Allow to sit on the counter for 10 minutes to soften before serving.
See more tips from Renata de Abreu spa consultant.